July 21st was a fantastic day for the 1st Annual Tour de Wildwood bike event!
At least 100 Wildwoodians of all ages attended the event to celebrate biking and take part is some great activities including: a bike tour (the route encompassed all or parts of: Walnut Drive, 42 St, Spruce Drive and Wedgewood Drive), a bike obstacle course, balloon animals, bike decorating and a delicious pot-luck picnic and barbeque.
A big shout out goes to the following for their help and contributions:
- Road marshals: Kim, Alison, Wil, Sharon and Clive
- Barbecue and potluck: Doug, Cecilia, Alison, Alison, Sharon, Diane, Katie, Carolyn and David and all the people who contributed dishes for the picnic
- Fun bike decorations: Sharon
- Cool prizes for all the winners of the decorating contest: Bow Cycle
- Fantastic bike obstacle course and very cool giveaways: Audra, Ben and the rest of the gang from Pedalheads
- Even more great giveaways: James from Mountain Equipment Coop
- Fantastic balloon animals: Chris Hill (there’s always a happy line up of kids waiting to get one!)
- Slick logo design:Anna
Enjoy the rest of your summer and keep on riding!
Erwan and Marni – Wildwood Community Association