Wow, what a busy year for the Wildwood Community Association! In addition to changing our board structure, writing a business plan, and creating policies and procedures to help streamline WCA activities, here are a few highlights from the past year:
- Athletics: Our sports committees have worked hard to provide programs that so many residents participated in, including: tennis, soccer, cross- country running, shinny hockey, and learn-to-skate.
- Events: We had many fun events including: a Family Skating Party, Lego Building Contest, Adult Pub Nights, Family Picnic & BBQ, Children’s Halloween and Christmas parties, and the annual Wildwood Clean-Up.
- Community Programs: We also run a variety of programs including Yoga classes and Wednesday morning Playgroup
- Community Hall and Grounds: We have done a lot of work on and around the Community Hall this year. The roof was recently replaced, the garden looks wonderful and we will also re-pave the parking lot. We now have a new, easy-to-use and updated Community Sign. Our hockey and pleasure skating rinks were always busy and so well maintained throughout the winter season.
- Committees and Projects: Our Traffic Committee spent a lot of time working with the City regarding traffic calming measures and bus routes. We participated in a pilot project called “Inspiring Strong Communities.” We have a new website and the Warbler is a fantastic newsletter that is created and delivered 10 months of the year. We also completed a survey of residents to see what you liked and what other events you might want to see in our community. We will be working on these new ideas in the coming year.
- WCA Memberships: Membership in our community association has grown significantly this year, which hopefully means more people are wanting to become part of our “Wildwood Community.”
- WCA Board Restructuring: All board positions are now filled! We restructured the previous positions and created new ones. We are working on job descriptions, policies, and procedures to help make things run more easily and smoothly.
Thank you so much to all of our committed volunteers. The board meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month (except December, July and August). Please feel free to join us to keep in touch with everything that is going on in Wildwood.
~ Robyn Birdsell, President