SATURDAY MAY 23rd, 2015
8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Rain, Shine or Snow!
The City compactor trucks are confirmed, and now we need our usual contingent of trucks and volunteers to make this event a success. On the Saturday after the May long weekend, we will meet as usual at the Community Hall to scour all of Wildwood’s back alleys to remove the items that people have left out over the winter.
As a reminder to Wildwood residents: a group of your neighbours bring their trucks and they each take a couple of volunteers to drive through our back lanes and pick up items that have been left out.
Please mark your calendars now and e-mail email@example.com to get your name and your truck on the list! Volunteers without trucks are also needed, so bring your coveralls and work gloves and join in. The event starts at 8:00 am sharp, and is usually all done by 1:00pm. It’s a great opportunity to meet your neighbours, enjoy some refreshments and help your community.
What we WILL pickup – Items that do not fit into the normal garbage collection:
- Branches of a reasonable size
- Electronics (see below).
If you have treasures in the back lane, please move them or label them “NOT FOR PICK UP”
We do NOT take the following items:
- Major house/yard renovation debris (drywall, studs, broken concrete, sod, etc)
- Old paint, chemicals or batteries
- Fridges or freezers due to Freon disposal
- Propane bottles with valves still attached
Disposal of renovation debris is your responsibility or that of your contractor. Other items should be taken to the appropriate landfill site or to one of the six Fire Stations, which take hazardous materials on a year-round basis (see p.14).
Once again eCycle Solutions will be recycling your old computer equipment for us. They will re-cycle:
- Personal Computers/ Components/ Peripherals, Keyboards
- Mice, Cables, Speakers, Laptop Computers, Notebook Computers
- Servers, Desktop Printers, Printer Combination Units
- Fax Combination Machines, Computer Monitors (CRT)
- Computer Monitors (LCD)
- Televisions – wood console televisions, Televisions (CRT)
- Televisions – Flat Screen, Rear Projection Televisions
- Cell phones
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or call Clive at 403-244-5854.