Wildwood is an outstanding community to live in – and we truly are a community where neighbours not only know their neighbours, they help out in the community! Without the volunteers that coordinate and give their time and efforts to events and programs in the neighbourhood, we wouldn’t live in such an engaging and fun Wildwood.
With the new board structure, and long-time volunteers hanging their hats, we need new people to help out with some volunteer positions. These volunteer job descriptions were created with the knowledge that smaller workloads make for
Happier volunteers – many hands make light work, as they say. The more Wildwoodians that step up to help out, the easier it will be to continue the many great programs in the community!
|WCA Board Positions Available|
|President||Chairs the Board and Executive Committee meetings, is involved with issues relating to the community and liaises with the City on behalf of the community association, responsible for the operation of the board.|
|Vice President||Ideally, prepares to take over from the president at the end of his or her term, manages special projects, attends monthly meetings.|
|Facility Rentals||Responds to rental inquiries, books the hall and prepares the standard contract for signing. Collects money, provides keys and inspects the hall following the event.|
|Grants||Researches grants for specific project-related work (usually physical maintenance) and completes grant proposals.|
|Community Advocacy||Maintains awareness and knowledge of local issues and works with regulators/government to impact proposed changes. Engages community residents as required.|
|Communications||Works with communications team (Warbler Editor, webmaster, sign coordinator and advertising coordinator) to establish a monthly communication plan and budget for the upcoming year. Attends monthly meetings to liaise between the board and communications team. Looks for ways to streamline and improve communication to residents.|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Determines (through other directors) volunteer requirements for the year. Recruits volunteers using available tools and information.|
|Children / Family Events Coordinator||Work the Events director, focusing on providing family oriented events.|
Wildwood Warbler Editor
- Edit and design layout for the Warbler newsletter.
- Complete ad design for some Board submissions.
- Individual Board groups submit the content to you.
- This role is portable and web based. You do not need to attend regular WCA meetings. Perfect for someone on the go!
- The Warbler is published 10x per year. There is no issue that needs to be created in December or July.
- Full WCA Communications team is in place to make the transition easy.
- No formal publishing experience necessary.
- Possibility exists for this to be a shared position.
For more information or to volunteer email firstname.lastname@example.org
WCA Events Director
- Oversee individual event committees. You do not have to organize and run all the events, rather liaise between the Board and the groups who volunteer to organize individual events.
- Attend monthly WCA Board Meetings
- Report event information to the WCA Board
For more information or to volunteer email email@example.com
The Wildwood Tennis Program Program Coordinator
No previous experience is necessary as long as you have a can-do attitude, great communication skills and a passion for being of service to others. Responsibilities include:
- Hiring tennis coaches
- Scheduling tennis lessons and camps
- Promoting Wildwood tennis in the community
- Answering general inquiries about program registration
- Maintaining the courts at the beginning and end of each season
For more information or to volunteer email firstname.lastname@example.org