Date(s) - 2014-05-24
8:00 - 13:00
Category(ies) No Categories
Rain, Shine or Snow!
The City compactor trucks are confirmed, and now we need our usual contingent of trucks and volunteers to make this event a success!
On the Saturday after the May long weekend, we will meet as usual at the Community Hall to scour all of Wildwood’s back alleys to remove the assorted debris and branches which have built up since last year.
Please mark your calendars now and send an e-mail to email@example.com to get your name and your truck on the list.
Volunteers without trucks are also needed, so bring your coveralls and work gloves and join in. The event starts at 8:00 am sharp (rain, shine, or snow!), and is usually all done by 1:00pm. It’s a great opportunity to meet your neighbours, enjoy some refreshments and help your community
As a reminder to Wildwood residents, we take items that do not fit into the normal garbage collection: wood, plastic, metal, branches of a reasonable size and electronics (see below). However, please keep the amount down to a reasonable size. This is not the opportunity to empty your basement.
What we WILL pick up:
- Small branches
- Electronics (see below)
We do not take the following items:
- Major house/yard renovation debris (drywall, studs, broken concrete, sod, etc)
- Old paint, chemicals or batteries
- Fridges or freezers (due to Freon disposal)
- Propane bottles with valves still attached
Disposal of renovation debris is your responsibility or that of your contractor. Other items should be taken to the appropriate landfill site or to one of the four Firehalls, which take hazardous materials on a year-round basis.
Once again eCycle Solutions will be recycling your old computer equipment for us. They will re-cycle the equipment listed below:
- Personal Computers/ Components/ Peripherals, Keyboards
- Computer Monitors (LCD)
- Mice, Cables, Speakers, Laptop Computers, Notebook Computers,
- Televisions – wood console televisions, Televisions (CRT),
- Servers, Desktop Printers, Printer Combination Units,
- Televisions – Flat Screen, Rear Projection Televisions,
- Fax Combination Machines, Computer Monitors (CRT),
- Cell phones
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or call Clive at 403-244-5854.