Do you have pre-school children who need to run and play? If yes, why not join the weekly playgroup at the Wildwood Community Association?
What is it?
The Wildwood Playgroup is a volunteer-led stay-and-play group aimed at children between the ages of 0 and 5 years. Each week, children have the opportunity to try out a wide range of toys and activities including:
- Bouncy castle
- Tricycles and scooters
- Mini basketball
- Toy kitchen and shopping carts
- Building blocks
- Cars, trains, animals
- Dolls and prams
Please note that this is not a drop-off group – children need to be supervised by a parent or caregiver at all times.
When and where?
The playgroup runs on Wednesdays from 9:30 am – 11:15 am in the Great Hall of the Wildwood Community Association. There is limited parking on-site.
There is a $2.00 cost per family, to be paid in cash upon entry at each session. Families should also sign in at the start of each session using the form provided.
Other useful information
- Prams, pushchairs and wagons should be left outside of the community hall under the awning at the front of the hall.
- No outdoor shoes are permitted in the Great Hall. Outdoor shoes and coats should be left in the designated area in the foyer. Children should wear socks or clean indoor shoes.
- There is no food or drink provided at the playgroup. Parents / caregivers are welcome to bring snacks and a drink (ideally in a sippy bottle) for their children, provided that any spills are tidied up.
- There are on-site toilets with baby-changing facilities in the Accessible toilets.
- Parents / caregivers and children are encouraged to help set up and tidy away the toys and equipment at the start and end of each session.
For more information about the playgroup, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wildwood Community Association also hosts the Wildwood Playschool, which is a pre-school program aimed at 3 and 4 year olds. For information, see https://www.wildwoodplayschool.ca/programs.html registration details see https://mywildwood.getcommunal.com/parent_programs